RSIF Grants Writing Workshop
Start Date: January 31st, 2022
End Date: February 4th, 2022
Venue: Icipe Duduville Campus, Nairobi, Kenya
As part of its activities, icipe through its RSIF program is organising a grants proposal writing workshop to selected teams from the RSIF African Host Universities to enhance their capacity to win funding for high quality research and innovation.
The objectives of the training workshop are to inculcate proposal writing skills to selected academic teams led by RSIf African Host Universities and to support them to prepare and submit winning proposals to the EU Eramus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education Call for Proposals.
The workshop will be held in an interactive setting facilitated by the international consultant and focused on proposal writing skills development by the various proposal groups and their members. In between the group work sessions on proposal building blocks, introductions will be provided by the facilitator at frequent intervals on the session contents as well as on specific performance management topics (e.g., partnership, work packages, project management, tasks-roles-responsibilities of project staff, risk management, M&E and learning, planning, and communication strategy). During the group work sessions, the facilitator will continually provide support to the individual groups. If feasible, some peer review sessions will be held where groups can present their findings on a specific building block followed by comments from the other groups. The workshop hence is designed in such a way as to allow learning by doing, intensive discussions among the groups and group members, and development of a collaboration culture.
The expected outcomes of the workshop are:
- RSIF AHUs proposals submitted to Erasmus+ call
- Improved proposal writing skills of participating faculty and university staff;
- Increased awareness of the relevant funding opportunities and how to develop winning proposals;
- Innovative ideas/ challenges supported into proposals, including through partnership with RSIF AHUs and other partners
- Relevant long term research ‘consortia’ to respond to the needs of the broader RSIF agenda developed.