YOU CAN BECOME AN RSIF CONTRIBUTOR IF YOU REPRESENT:
- Governments in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Governments in Africa’s global partner countries
- African or international private sector
- Universities in countries outside Sub-Saharan Africa with highly rated ASET programs and interest in international research collaboration
- Africa’s development partner organizations
Contributors can fund any of the three windows of the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF):
(1) PhD training (2) Research Grants (3) Innovation Grants.
CONTRIBUTIONS CAN BE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
- Funding for RSIF scholarships, research and innovation grants
- Knowledge exchange through participation in capacity-building workshops and organizing learning visits of RSIF’s host universities
- Technical expertise through participation in advisory committees and technical committees
- Sandwich programs with RSIF host universities, entailing up to 2 years of training (research and coursework) for RSIF scholars
- Engaging with the RSIF host universities in curriculum development and joint research
- Providing academic staff (faculty) training and exchange opportunities with RSIF host universities
- Providing internships and work experience for RSIF scholars and new graduates
If you wish to become a contributor, please email us at email@example.com expressing your interest in contributing financially or in-kind. We will contact you with more details.
As part of the RSIF Program, we offer various Capacity Building activities and workshops for our beneficiaries that include doctoral scholarships holders, host universities faculty and other stakeholders.
The capacity Building Activities include: Guest webinar series, RSIF PhD student seminar series and training courses on broadly applicable research skills like science paper writing, information literacy, grant proposal writing, research management and leadership, science communication, intellectual property rights, entrepreneurship and research commercialization, monitoring and evaluation, and gender inclusivity.
Interested Institutions and individuals can contribute to RSIF’s capacity building initiatives in the following ways:
- Giving talks at the RSIF guest webinar series
- Knowledge sharing and training withing the training courses
- Building partnerships towards joint delivery of training courses