RSIF Pre-Conference: RSIF Sandwich model
The RSIF doctoral scholarship programme has been designed using the best practices that have emerged from on-going programs globally, adopting a “sandwich” training approach that incorporates international and home-country study anchored in African institutions. There are currently 15 African Host Universities (AHUs), and 19 International Partner Institutions (IPIs). RSIF encourages partnerships and collaboration in training, research and innovation. Introduction by Ms. Sylvia Maina on her research placement in Korea.
• Moderator: Andries W. Coetzee, Michigan University
• Rapporteur: Fréjus Ariel Kpêdétin Sodédji, RSIF PhD Student
• Panelist 1: Prof. Maïssa Mbaye, Université Gaston Berger de Saint-Louis, Senegal (an RSIF AHU)
• Panelist 2: Prof. Abdelghani Chehbouni, University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P) (an RSIF IPI)
• Panelist 3: Athol Swanepoel, HR Director and Donavin Hattingh, Technical and Production Division, Nestlé
• Panelist 4: Kazuo Sasaki, Challenge Co. Ltd., Japan. Comments by Andrea Johnson, Program Officer, Higher Education and Research in Africa, Carnegie Corporation of New York